Nanaimo Events from Harbour Living
Arts and Entertainment
Concerts and Music
- Thu. April 30th, 2015 - Live at Longwood
Live acoustic music...every Thursday night!
- Thu. April 30th, 2015 - Monkeyjunk
Ottawa-based MonkeyJunk has cultivated a unique blend of SWAMP ROOTS ROCK. Their extensive touring has helped to develop a notable fan base across Canada, the US and Europe.
- Thu. April 30th, 2015 - Thursday at the Globe
Nanaimo: Under New Ownership! The Globe presents Marty Steele, Nanaimo's most versatile keyboardist, as he opens up another venue showcasing his wide ranging repertoire of your favorite songs of all styles.
- Fri. May 1st, 2015 - Brodie Dawson, Christy Vanden, Tracy Riley
Live music, House Concert in downstairs lounge in ACMe Food Co, Studio 12, Brodie Dawson & Friends Spring Tour - Guitars & Voice
- Fri. May 1st, 2015 - Friday Fun at Minnoz
Dave Hart performs at Minnoz Restaurant, Coast Bastion Hotel. Solo Instrumentalist – Featuring popular songs and world themes on classical & electric guitar. Al la Carte Appies & Wine Tastings!
- Thu. April 30th, 2015 - Sun. May 3rd, 2015 - Cascadia Poetry Festival
Over four days the fest features Academic, Democratic and Performance components, late night readings, a Small Press Fair and several workshops. Some of the best poetry minds in the bioregion will gather to discuss Cascadia and our role here.
- Fri. May 1st, 2015 - Sun. May 3rd, 2015 - Shorebird Festival
A great opportunity to experience the largest wildlife migration in the region, learn about shorebirds, and understand why Tofino is one of the very best places in western Canada for bird watching.
- Sat. May 2nd, 2015 - BookFest - Vancouver Island Children's Book Festival
Come share in a fun-filled magical day for you and your child! Sessions are fun, interactive, and often humorous as well-known Canadian authors and illustrators make their books come alive.
- Sat. May 2nd, 2015 - Qualicum Beach Fire & Ice Street Festival
The Qualicum Beach Fire and Ice Street Festival showcases beautiful ice carving, dazzling entertainment, and some of the most delicious, fiery food this side of the mighty Assiniboine!
- Sun. May 3rd, 2015 - Nanaimo Flea Market
Nanaimo Flea Market on corner of Bowen and East Wellington, Free admission. Come see a huge variety of products.
Sports and Recreation
- Wed. April 29th, 2015 - Tango Lessons at Fibber Magees
Come and join in the fun upstairs at Fibbers every Wednesday night for some Tango lessons. Great exercise and so much fun!
- Wed. April 29th, 2015 - Nanaimo Pirates vs Parksville Royals
Bring on the sun and come out and enjoy another exciting summer of Premier Pirates Baseball!
- Thu. April 30th, 2015 - Flea Market
The Nanaimo Flea Market is at 1630 East Wellington, Legion Hall, on Thursdays from 5:00 p.m.to 9:00 p.m. Come see a variety of vendor goods.
- Thu. April 30th, 2015 - Red Shirt Foundation Awareness walk to "Stop Workplace Violence"
We challenge you...to be the leader of change in your workplace!
- Thu. April 30th, 2015 - Salsa Thursdays at The Globe Bar and Grille
Salsa, Bachata, Cha Cha, Merengue, Kizomba, Reggaton! Meet new people, learn to dance and have FUN! Salsa Thursdays @ The Globe is Nanaimo's best social dance night!