Nanaimo Events from Harbour Living
Arts and Entertainment
- Mon. September 1st, 2014 - Sat. September 6th, 2014 - Coastal Expressions
Nanaimo: The Nanaimo Chapter of the Federation of Canadian Artists (FCA) presents COASTAL EXPRESSIONS, a juried exhibition and sale of the works by members of the Nanaimo Chapter.
- Mon. September 1st, 2014 - Dragon Boat Paddling
Nanaimo: Paddle with Nautical Dragons a mixed (male and female) adult team of all ages.
- Mon. September 1st, 2014 - Sat. September 6th, 2014 - Nanaimo Art Gallery presents: Reconciling Self | Connie Watts
Nanaimo: Nanaimo Art Gallery presents Reconciling Self | Connie Watts. June 14 to September 6, 2014.
- Tue. September 2nd, 2014 - Sat. September 6th, 2014 - Coastal Expressions
Nanaimo: Don't miss this wonderful Fine Art Show/Sale at the Nanaimo Art Gallery. Created by Vancouver Island artists the work have been juried in to the Show so you will see the best of the best.See you there
- Tue. September 2nd, 2014 - Fall Football Registration!
Nanaimo: Fall Football Registration is on NOW!
Concerts and Music
- Tue. September 2nd, 2014 - On the Dock with Blake Deal, David Bitonti, Nick Begg
Nanaimo: Great live music...in a one-of-a-kind venue. Don't miss it.
- Wed. September 3rd, 2014 - BYO UKE - Drop in Ukulele
Nanaimo: BYO UKe is moving to Wednesday evenings. Bring your Ukulele down to Nanaimo Harbourfront and play along with other like minded people and share your favorite songs while learning new ones.
- Thu. September 4th, 2014 - Live at Longwood
Nanaimo: Live acoustic music...every Thursday night!
- Fri. September 5th, 2014 - Sat. September 6th, 2014 - BoodAbooM trio set to rock, roll and reggae at the New Patricia
Nanaimo: BoodAbooM brings it's Canadian roots, rock and reggae music to Nanaimo's newest music hot spot, the New Patricia Hotel. Songs from Theo's albums along with current and classic favourites
- Fri. September 5th, 2014 - Quarterway Acoustic Series every Friday Night
Nanaimo: Every Friday night some of the top notch duo's play Live at The Quarterway pub.
- Wed. September 3rd, 2014 - Greenhouse Work Parties at the Nanaimo Community Garden
Nanaimo: Join us at the Greenhouse to make soil, plant seeds, transplant seedlings and care for plants. This is where the naturally-raised seedlings are grown for our plant sales. We would love to have you help out!
- Wed. September 3rd, 2014 - Transportation Forum - Philosopher's Corner
Nanaimo: Forum on Transportation Corridor on Vancouver Island. What's the future? What kind of planning is involved? (Philosopher's Corner Monthly Series)
- Thu. September 4th, 2014 - Stop Chasing Your Mind!
Nanaimo: STOP CHASING YOUR MIND! I was terrified fears, worrying, insomnia, headaches, panic, anger and depression; these symptoms were affecting my family/ work. NOW, I (we) are free!
- Fri. September 5th, 2014 - Sat. September 6th, 2014 - Moksha Yoga Karma Class - By Donation
Nanaimo: Moksha Hot Yoga Karma Class - by donation. Proceeds support local and international charities to help make a BIG difference in our community!
- Fri. September 5th, 2014 - Nanaimo Downtown Farmers Market
Nanaimo: Great selection of farmers, growers, bakers, crafters and so many more vendors. Enjoy live music and local products on Nanaimo's original farmers market every Friday right next to the Bastion.
- Mon. September 1st, 2014 - Sun. September 14th, 2014 - 2014 Carving on the Edge Festival
Tofino: Carving on the Edge showcases traditional and contemporary west coast wood carving with exhibits, forums, feasts, family programs and demonstrations.
- Mon. September 1st, 2014 - 43rd Annual Port Alberni Salmon Festival
Port Alberni: This annual event features entertainment, BBQ, fireworks, and a fishing derby offering big cash prizes!
- Mon. September 1st, 2014 - Sun. September 14th, 2014 - Carving on the Edge presents: Carving Edge Art Show
Tofino: Traditional and contemporary west coast carving arts will be on display at the Shore Pier Building during the Carving on the Edge Festival.
- Mon. September 1st, 2014 - Sun. September 14th, 2014 - Carving on the Edge presents: Wickaninnish Inn Carving Shed Carvers in Action
Tofino: Visit the Carving Shed on north Chesterman beach, the legendary home of the late carver Henry Nolla, and observe carvers in action.
- Wed. September 3rd, 2014 - Tue. September 9th, 2014 - Carving on the Edge presents: Six-Foot Wind Woman Cedar Mask Carving
Tofino: Join us on the covered Shore Pier on the water where Nuu-chah-nulth artist Gordon Dick and friends will be working on a six-foot Wind Woman Cedar Mask.
Sports and Recreation